Hello, I’m Ioannis. I’ve Been Building Websites & Apps Since 1997!
I work as a Technical Staff member at Computational BioMedicine Laboratory (CBML) of the Institute of Computer Science at Foundation for Research and Technology – Hellas (FORTH). I joined the CBML group in 2008.
Previously I have been an educator (both for adults and children) with a focus on computer technologies like MS Office, Adobe Suite, Desktop Publishing (DTP), Web Design, Photo and Video Editing. I have also been a freelancer as a developer of web and multimedia applications and consultant in several IT companies (Alice Labs @ UoC, Panepistimiakes Ekdoseis Kritis, Saloustros AETE, Genesys, LightWeb, Mitos SA, NovelTech, iWorx).
I received my B.Sc. in the fields of Physics from the Department of Physics from the University of Crete, attending the courses of the specialization direction in Computational Physics (2003).
- UI/UX Design
- Frontend Development
- backend development
- Web Apps Development
- Mobile Apps Development
- Desktop Apps Development
- Systems Design & Administration
- Digital Arts
- Social Media
Years of Experience
- Participation in European and National IT Projects
- Adult educator in IT technologies
- Graphics designer
(DTP, posters, newsletters, catalogues, providing support – graphics and illustration- at Conferences and other events)
- Member of the organization committee of major International Conferences.
Coding and Developement
- Award: The study reported in the paper “Predicting the Occurrence of Acute Hypotensive Episodes: The PhysioNet Challenge” by F. Chiarugi, I. Karatzanis, V. Sakkalis, I. Tsamardinos, Th. Dermitzaki, M. Foukarakis, G. Vrouchos attained 100% in the event 1 of the PhysioNet Challenge 2009 “Predicting Acute Hypotensive Episodes” at the Computers in Cardiology 2009 (CiC 2009) Conference, Sep 2009, Park City, UT, USA.